Credit: Original article published here.
- Speed: The use of precast concrete components facilitates a faster construction process, while also minimizing onsite material and labor costs.
- Durability: Precast concrete is a quick way to construct long-lasting and durable buildings that can withstand severe weather conditions no matter what region of the country you live in.
- Safety: With Student safety being a top priority to family, staff and residents, precast provides strong resistance to natural and man-made hazards along with outstanding fire protection.
- Energy efficiency: Due to the strong thermal properties of precast concrete it increases energy efficiency, which in turn lowers cooling and heating costs.
- Privacy: The superior sound insulating qualities of precast concrete, walls and floors create a quieter living and study environment.
- Aesthetic versatility: Precast concrete gives designers the flexibility to maximize the use of color, other aesthetic effects, or even match older existing buildings on campus.