Credit: Original article published here.
Our world has been turned upside down by a health pandemic, and as the construction industry evaluates how to safely and efficiently move forward, surely off-site construction will be at the top of everyone’s mind. And good news, there is no need to look any further than the precast concrete industry, which has always provided benefits that make job sites safer. With reduced interaction being of utmost importance, we will play a larger role than ever before.
Precast concrete is manufactured off-site, under roof in a controlled environment, designed and produced by experts who adhere to strict quality and safety procedures. Benefits include:
- Storage at our facility, delivered to site day of installation, reducing on-site clutter
- Compressed project schedule because our production process begins off-site rather than waiting until site is ready
- Reduced safety concerns due to fewer people required on site
- Reduced site disruption by eliminating need for scaffolding, formwork or other materials
- Fewer trades on-site, allowing items to be cast in during production such as insulation,
- All weather construction, no need to tarp and heat the environment
Precast concrete delivers ready-to-install components, erected by a small crew, providing stability, strength and durability for the structure, all while offering a wide spectrum of colors, textures and